RE: Throttle Bodies - help

From: John Mautz (jmautz@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 21:07:46 EDT

Neal,

Before you decide check out Mancini Racing (www.manciniracing.com) in the
past they have had specials on 5.2/5.9 stock TBs for $125 which is about $50
less than what some people are charging for a core fee. So, give them a try
and then call Tony De Anda at QuickD and get one. I've seen a TB that was
modified by a different company and it looked very week, tack welds on the
butterfly rod and the accelerator arm. It looked real bad and to top it off
one of the Butterfly's was loose and because the screws was tack welded in
there was no way of fixing it.

Also, you may want to check out the Durango Owners Club
(forum.durangoclub.com) and ask if any of the Hawaii members have a modified
TB that you can see up close. That way you make an informed decision. (The
Durango is build on the Dak frame and uses many of the same engine bay
parts).

John