Re: New Best 1/4 time!!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 11:24:53 EDT

At 04:47 AM 10/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, once again I was the lone DMLer at HRP. All you local guys missed out
>on one hell of a good night for racing. My truck is running great now and
>I'm closing in on my goal of 13.99 on motor alone. Not quite there yet but
>I'm chipping away at it. I can now say for sure that the B&F throttle body
>is good for 2 -2.5 tenths and 2 - 2.5mph in the 1/4. This thing has really
>done wonders for the top end.
>
>Anyway, my best time before the t.b was 14.83 @ 92.27
>Running the same configuration as above with the exception of the B&F
>throttle body and a transgo shift kit (and this time I did not have any
>traction bars on) I had a best run of 14.56 @ 94.39 on another run I had a
>best mph of 94.72! I was running with a short belt, bypassing the ps and
>ac. The belt is good for a little over 1 tenth.
>
>After running 14.56 I got the urge to push it into the 14.4's and so I took
>off my tailgate and removed my spare tire and jack. That's 120 pounds of
>stuff. It should have put me in the 14.4X's but I think I eased it off the
>line too much and only ran a 14.60, and the humidity was starting to rise.
>So after that I decided to call it a night. Another 15 to 20 degrees cooler
>I'll give it a try again. I know I can make it to 14.4's as it is now.
>
>Pulleys, heads and cam, 3.90 sure grip, and a high stall converter and I'll
>reach my goal of 13's naturally aspirated...... Anyone want to sponsor me?
>;-)

Congrats, Mike. Isn't that R&B TB something else! I think you'll find
that the TB in combo with a cam (I'm using the MP cam package) will really
complement each other. Sounds like you've a great chance to reach your
goal. Good luck.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph