New Best 1/4 time!!!!

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 05:47:04 EDT

Well, once again I was the lone DMLer at HRP. All you local guys missed out
on one hell of a good night for racing. My truck is running great now and
I'm closing in on my goal of 13.99 on motor alone. Not quite there yet but
I'm chipping away at it. I can now say for sure that the B&F throttle body
is good for 2 -2.5 tenths and 2 - 2.5mph in the 1/4. This thing has really
done wonders for the top end.

Anyway, my best time before the t.b was 14.83 @ 92.27
Running the same configuration as above with the exception of the B&F
throttle body and a transgo shift kit (and this time I did not have any
traction bars on) I had a best run of 14.56 @ 94.39 on another run I had a
best mph of 94.72! I was running with a short belt, bypassing the ps and
ac. The belt is good for a little over 1 tenth.

After running 14.56 I got the urge to push it into the 14.4's and so I took
off my tailgate and removed my spare tire and jack. That's 120 pounds of
stuff. It should have put me in the 14.4X's but I think I eased it off the
line too much and only ran a 14.60, and the humidity was starting to rise.
So after that I decided to call it a night. Another 15 to 20 degrees cooler
I'll give it a try again. I know I can make it to 14.4's as it is now.

Pulleys, heads and cam, 3.90 sure grip, and a high stall converter and I'll
reach my goal of 13's naturally aspirated...... Anyone want to sponsor me?
;-)

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
'93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page