Pinging problem with NX Kit solved.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 15:11:18 EDT

Well, after some discussions with Joe (nosdakota) and Frank (F&B), I picked
up a MSD Multi-Stage Timing Retard box (#8970). It works GREAT!

The initial setting on the box is 4 degrees retard and when the Nitrous is
activated (solenoid), it removes another 2 degrees (adjustable from 2, 3, or
4). I'm only using the first stage since it's a simple Nitrous kit (don't
need the multi-stage...yet). The 150HP shot is wicked on a little V6 as
well. ;) I based my decision on the MSD since I already have a MSD-6 box
installed (and Blaster-SS coil).

** Thank you Frank and Joe for the time and information. **

For $150 from Summit, it's well worth it. (It took only 40 minutes to
install, including mounting and smoke break.)

I also posted a picture on my site on the mounting location.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm