Re: best price on Trailmaster lift? Goin' for it!

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 11:40:39 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/99 9:50:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
Killerdak@aol.com writes:
<< I need to know where's the best place to order the Trailmaster 4"
suspension
 lift (for '96 Dak) from...Summit is the only place I know of...any other
 place cheaper?
 Looks like I'm gonna have to really step up the pace on lifting my
 dakota...like in the next month....my tires are really getting worn and I
had
 one blow out yesterday doing 70mph...ACK!!! so now I'm running my spare on
 one wheel...and another tire looks really worn too...it was the front
torsion
 bar lift that did it, the tires wore very fast on the outside edges...
 I've already ordered the Performance Accessories 2" body lift but haven't
had
 time to install yet...I'm probably gonna have to go ahead and order the 4"
 suspension lift kit, 5 new 15x10 wheels and 33" BFG MTs pretty soon
(hellooo,
 visa card!)...
 I wonder if it would be cheaper to mail order the wheels and tires or buy
'em
 locally at NTB or something...hmmmm?

Very cool!!!!! I wish I could do mine now Dave, wow your Dak will look like a
beast. As far a the lift goes and pricing try calling a few places that
usually have TrailMaster kits like:
-Desert Rat Truck Centers(800-528-3402/520-748-9299)
-4Wheel Parts(800-421-1050)<----Talk with them about tire and rim prices,
from what I have heard and seen in the catalogs, if you get the rims/tires
from them, they will cut a good deal ans sell them as a package deal. 4Wheel
Parts also stocks TrailMaster Lifts, so ask the rep about prices on the lift
also.
-National Tire & Wheel<---Call them for Rim/Tire package deals
-Rocky Mountain Suspension(800-521-4908) wants $1,339 for the lift.
-Summit's price is $1,279....pretty good deal on the lift
-Dick Cepek(310-527-5891/800-992-3735) shoud also carry the TrailMaster Lift
Kit
Are you planning on getting any TrailMaster lift kit options like dual shocks
front/rear?? Steering stabilizers?? I think also there are 3 different shocks
you can get with the kit, which ones are you going to go with?? I hope the
above info gave you somewhat good info for prices. Good Luck!!!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6