Magnum Intake manifold...More than 1 way to mod??

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 15:57:31 EDT

I know that more than one person has looked at the
Magnum manifold and noticed a similarity to a tuned
port manifold. The intake runners go STRAIGHT UP to
the TB opening. The big difference in the two manifolds
are the TB on the tuned port is near the front of the
intake. I have been curious about modifing the manifold
by boxing in the runners at the top where they meet with
the TB opening. Picture the air going thru the TB into
the boxed in area where the air is distributed to the
8 runners. The air would be INHALED AT THE TOP OF THE
MANIFOLD instead of at the bottom. Hope this makes some
scense. This would leave the large plenum area underneath
the runners without vacuum, but the TB would distribute air
 much more evenly than say a chebbies tuned intake port,
because the Throttle body opening is in the middle on top of
the beer barrel and not the end. Probably to much of a mod
to be a reality tho? I haven't seen a magnum manifold on the
inside except in pictures. I thought I would post this to see
if anyone has had the same fictional visions. Might provide a
good laugh for others tho. =)

GS -