Re: got kicked off (comes back with a 2-2 drop!)

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 16:20:02 EDT

>>>Anyways. the back is a !#$@#$%. I've shaved off the rivit heads and pried and pried the backet for the shackle mount, but it won't budge. Any ideas? <<<

D,
mine was a royal pain. We ended up having to use a cutting torch and burn through the rivets. I don't remember exactly how he got them out, but after he burned at em' for a while they came. Some of em' were harder than others. Dude, the back is much harder just because of the rivets! My front was a pain because the stuff was all rusted together and had been there for yeeeaaaarrrrrsss. It came off eventually. It took us 12 hours to do mine just because of the front... ouch

-mike d.

88 6er w/Slushbox, 3.55 one legged rear, and many mods including:
3/5 drop, headers, Hi-Flow cat & Borla 2.5" muffler, Hella H4's,
14x3 K&N, Magnecor Wires, JET stage II, nice dark windows, DDBC,
 Daytona bucket seats, Alpine CD player, Tekstyle Tonneau cover.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html