Re: Re: Ping and Pattle problems

From: Erika Ipes (msbavior@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 21:53:01 EDT

Just an FYI... I have purposely been running low octane in my truck so it
pings more. For something that won't hurt the engine (the dealership told me
the same thing), my plugs, which are brand new,looks like the haven't been
changed in over 100,000 miles, I blow bluish grey smoke, have loss of hp,
and they have replaced more parts on my truck then I can count.... yet they
keep saying its not do to the ping.

And why I want it to ping more... the dealershop screwed me out of an engine
and a new truck. Soooo, they wouldn't give me a new engine, but they have to
honor warranty :o)

Erika