Re: RE: RE: RE: : questions on roller rockers...Frank

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 22:23:47 EDT

At 12:07 PM 10/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Frank, I've got some mild tapping on startup with the
>Mopar roller rockers. It only happens for 2-3 seconds
>max and all is quiet. I just wanted to ask if this is
>normal or would you suggest I adjust for more preload?
>The stock pressed steel rockers were quiet on startup.
>I adjusted the MP rockers with the engine warm and
>running with only about a 1/4 turn.

Seems to be a normal thing. Because there were no instructions
and thus no torque specs with the rockers, it's a trial and error
process as to how much to tighten down the bolts. I still get
faint tapping once in awhile but it goes away fairly quickly.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph