Re: MPI Manifold

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 12:00:24 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/99 6:50:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tigers@bserv.com writes:

<< Is there a dual plane MPI? I think you have a single plane.

> Although I don't know for sure since I don't have any baseline
>dyno numbers, I suspect the intake was a major part of the reason
>my torque curve is so nice and flat. <snip>

 Don't know what my torque curve looks like (no chasis dynos in S. Ont.
 that I know of) but would love to have one that's nice and flat.

 Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
 '97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
 Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph >>

I hate when I do that... notebook computers are such a task. :/

The MPI intake is a single plane. I think you mentioned that you're running a
different camshaft, so you'd probably benefit from the swap yourself.

You also have an automatic transmission, did the cam hurt your low end at
all? Mine did (mine was probably a little more aggressive... .512"/.512" -
210/220) and a 2400 stall is all it took to take care of that problem. A swap
to a 3.92 - 4.10 gear wouldn't hurt at this time, either. It's a definate
worthwhile investment.

Oh yeah... don't forget to put a TransGo kit in at this time too. ;)

ttyl
Patrick