Re: Trailmaster lift & wheel order progress report

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 20:31:50 EDT

well, just ordered the whole shebang from Summit...4" lift with SSV shocks,
single steering stabilizer, front skid plate. They also gave me a great price
on 5 33" BFG MT's and the 15 x 8 American Eagle 58 polished alum. wheels,
plus some locking lug nuts and decent valve stems...
although I'll hafta get the tires mounted & balanced yadda yadda
locally...don't think that will cost too much...

BTW, I was asking some of the techs about using single or dual shocks and all
of them recommended staying with single for rock crawling and general highway
use...

the difference between the Dick Cepek tires and the BFGs was less than 50
bucks altogether for five, from what people have told me on the local 4x4
mailing list, the BFGs will wear somewhat better...

it'll be a couple weeks before I have everything in and ready to install
(some trailmaster items had to be special ordered)...should be a HUGE project
for me and my friends to undertake...I'm seeing a couple solid weekends at
least!

first the 2" body lift, then the 4" suspension lift and 33" wheels, then the
steering stabilizer and skid plate, then finally the side rock rails which
have been on hold for a few weeks...! Holy crap I can't believe this is
finally going to happen!!!!!

If anyone has install experience on the Trailmaster lift I'd love to hear
from ya, I've got a friend who's fairly inclined automotively and can weld,
but this'll be his first lift install (mine too and I'm not as automotively
inclined!)

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
2" Rear spring lift, front T-bar crank, 30x9.50 BFG AT's, Brush guard w/
Hellas, Tow hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine
6-disc CD Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, Saris
roof rack, custom-welded rock rails (almost on), and a white dog named Jake
in the passenger seat. 83,000+ miles.
http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/WWWProfile/dakota/XzDn9Nl7vFo8M/