Re: Re: Clickity-Clacking Noise Under Load

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 23:23:15 EDT

I wasn't suggesting it as a solution only as diagnosis. Once the problem is
confirmed is when you look for the true fix. Like if it did stop the noise I
would say try colder plugs or you may have carbon build-up try a detergent
or a Moto-Vac...............
Anyway do you have any mods to the truck that we could consider and have you
looked at the wires for any signs of wear or crossfire? And does the truck
feel like it backs off the timing when it happens (it would feel like a
slight loss of power)
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1