RE: Re: Clickity-Clacking Noise Under Load

From: Kurt Swanson (kswanson@peerenvironmental.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 11:20:11 EDT

Hey all,

I just got my truck back from the dealer. FYI - I identifed spark knock
under load and provided the TSB #'s (plug wire rerouting and intake
gasket). I got the truck back last night (delivered to my home) and I
wasn't there at the time so I couldn't review the work completed until this
morning. They had replaced the ball joints (add another DMLer to the list!)
and adjuisted the tranny shift cable at the TB. Under my complaint about
spark knock, the invoice said "Aftermarket Ignition - TSBs and Warranty do
not apply". No work was done! I am running an MSD Digital 6 and Blaster
Coil. Correct me if I'm wrong but how does the MSD Set up void the TSBs?
Spark knock was there before I put it in, and neither of the TSBs refer to
the distributor or coil! Any input?