Re: Trailmaster lift & wheel order progress report

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 00:18:44 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/99 7:32:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
Killerdak@aol.com writes:
<< well, just ordered the whole shebang from Summit...4" lift with SSV
shocks,
<< single steering stabilizer, front skid plate. They also gave me a great
price
<< on 5 33" BFG MT's and the 15 x 8 American Eagle 58 polished alum. wheels,
<< plus some locking lug nuts and decent valve stems...
<< although I'll hafta get the tires mounted & balanced yadda yadda
<< locally...don't think that will cost too much...

Just make sure when you take the 33's in that the shop first off has the
proper balancing machine that can handle the tire. I know some shops around
here wont or cant do tires over 31". Just something to consider. Of the shops
that can balaance them, it should't cost really that much to mount the tires
on the rims, put the valve stems on, balance them, and mount them. Also, be
SURE to get the rotated and check for balancing every 6-8,000 miles, this way
those mudders will last a bit longer. BFG's do wear like iron though.

<< BTW, I was asking some of the techs about using single or dual shocks and
all
<< of them recommended staying with single for rock crawling and general
highway
<< use...

Yeah, a single steering stabilizer should be just fine for any tire under 35".

<< it'll be a couple weeks before I have everything in and ready to install
<< (some trailmaster items had to be special ordered)...should be a HUGE
project
<< for me and my friends to undertake...I'm seeing a couple solid weekends at
<< least! first the 2" body lift, then the 4" suspension lift and 33" wheels,
then the
<< steering stabilizer and skid plate, then finally the side rock rails which
<< have been on hold for a few weeks...! Holy crap I can't believe this is
<< finally going to happen!!!!!

\Man first off, you suck!!!!!!!! I want this lift so bad, but have to wait
till the spring. You ahve to se jealous right now!!! :) Seriously though, the
TrailMaster catalog says to allow for 8-10 for the installation of the
suspsension lift kit. Now you duty as a fellow Dak owner, fellow DMLer,
fellow 4wheeler, and fellow Lift kit wannabe owner....is the get this kit
installed and get some pics(40 should do,haha) up on the web!!!!!!!
Also, you going to give me a clue, can send it privately, on how much the
lift kit and tires/rims cost??? Odd but good to know that Summit had the best
prices, was it acutally in stock too?????? Well take it easy, start saving
your pennies, and good luck with the lift. If live anywhere near you I would
be right over helping ya out with making this beast of a DAK!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6