Re: New member, 4.7 info. quest

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 00:38:27 EDT

Vic,

I'm also a new member and looking at buying a 2000, 4X4, club cab, 5
speed with the 4.7, but I'm a little concerned about having the first
year of the engine in the Dakota.

>From the internet searching I have done for reviews of the 4.7 I have
found three articles worth reviewing:

1. Chrysler's New Cammer, from Mopar Action, by Richard Ehrenberg, whom I
believe is amoung us. This is the best article I have found. It is at:
"http://dodgeram.com/technical/cammer/4_7_v8.html"

2. Engine Technology, from motor age, by Jacques Gorden, Managing Editor,
at:
"http://www.motorage.com/cgi-win/csearch.exe"

3. Road Test, from Car and Driver, on the '99 Grand Cherokee, at:
"http://www.caranddriver.com/NewArticle/0,1633,518_2_17,00.html"

Does anyone know of a site like this for Grand Cherokee owners, where
feedback could be obtained ???

Any new suggested articles or opinions on the 4.7 and/or the 4.7 with a 5
speed would be welcomed.

Okay, now that I've satisfied that nagging voice in my head to be logical
and asked for feedback, I have to say, I test drove the rig and it was
FUN. It got up to 100 mph without a problem. It handled well and would
have easily gone faster if asked to.

Todd
(t_abernathy7@juno.com)