Re: Was Trailmaster lift; now Grill Gurad

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 11:53:06 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/99 8:54:56 AM Central Daylight Time,
brian.duffey@intelsat.int writes:
<< I notice you both have Brush/Grill guards on your Daks.
 What Brand do you each have, and how did it install?
 I'm looking for one for my '95 4x4, but so far the only ones I've seen look
 like they are made of tin foil! I need one to mount a winch and some Aux.
 lights. I'm almost to the point of just ordering a custom, heavy duty
 aftermarket front bumper. But that is $$$'s
 Do you guys have the wrap around type or is it more of a push bar type ?
Any info. will be appreciated! (Dave - lots of pictures of that install on
the lift kit!)

I bought mine for a mere $179 plus S&H through JC Whitney. It is black
powedercoated and is a wrap-around style. It mounts to the front bumped using
the stock holes(I used Grade 8 mounting hardware instead of the stock ones)
and also mounts to the frame via 1/4" plates which go through the factory air
dam holes. Very sturdy setup. I am currently running Hella 6" 500 Driving
Lights on the light tabs provided and also I am in the process of mounting
some Hella XL's on the lower half of the grill guard. It is made by Ram
OffRoad Accessories. I would say if you want one to mount a winch on, go with
Ramsey's setup or Renuel's setup, eiuther one will run you some $$ especially
on the price of the winch. Both do make custom Grill/Brush Guards made for
housing winches. Good Luck
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6