Re: VIN # Registry!!!!!! PLEASE READ

From: TREMAIN LYNNE (bmbl-b1@home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 14:22:25 EDT

Stevie
I like the premise of your idea, but I am uncomfortable with the idea of
my VIN being accessible to anybody on the the net. It's not that I don't
trust the DML but anybody has access to the home page, and the VIN'S
could be used for illicit purposes such as registering liens against our
trucks. This would be the case if John was to set up such a data base, I
do however have a suggestion along the lines you are suggesting. On the
99's there is a MDH (month day hour) of production on the data sticker
on the door pillar that should be sufficient for the kind of registry
you would like to create.

Let me know what you think
Dave T.
99 Solar Yellow CC 4x4