Subject: mpg help!!!

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 20:48:23 EDT

I have a '99 CC 4x4 318/auto, with K&N Gen II, Jet Stage II, Gibson
Cat-Back, 180 deg. thermo. My recent trip to Texas only netted me a high
MPG of 16.3. I did however have a serious headwind the ENTIRE trip. Wind
out of the South at 25+ on the way down, out of the North at 15+ on the way
back to Kansas. At one point my average was in the 11-12 mpg range. Truck
did have enough power, however, to cruise between 70-90mph the whole way
without a whole lot of difference in mileage between faster and slower
speeds. I think the mods helped my power without an appreciable increase or
decrease in MPG. Maybe next time if I sacrifice a virgin maiden to the Gods
Of The Four Winds, I could have a tailwind the entire trip! It's so hard,
however, to come by a virgin these days (I won't say whether the pun was
intended or not)! :-) .....I think there might even be be a joke here
somewhere about me breaking wind the entire trip! :-)

Oh yeah, thanks to all the Tejas DML'ers who sent me well wishes before my
trip. I'm sorry my schedule wouldn't let me meet any of you in person.
Soon, I hope. Bill Miller's BBQ and Taco Cabana Rocks!!!!!! Has anyone ever
noticed that the when traveling South on I-35, the first thing you see when
crossing the Red River and entering Texas is a porno shop. I love my home
state!!

Mike G.

Subject: DML: mpg help!!!

The new RT is drinking too much...

Has anyone found some mods that will give better MPG, while not hurting
overall performance?
I've put on the Quick-D Intake, soon to be followed by his TB.. In the
plans is an MSD ignition/coil/wires, then probably a set of underdrive
pulleys, maybe an electric fan, then possibly some exhaust stuff (headers,
muffler)

I was lucky with the v6, I got it up to an average of 26mpg on the
highway,
and that was an automatic! I'll be happy to see 20+ on the overhead
computer for the RT. Am I dreaming or is 20 possible in the