Re: Dropkit for the Dak offered..your opinion?

From: Michael Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 22:59:53 EDT

>>1. Bottoming out (bumpstops)

you can get shorter bump stops or just cut yours down so they are shorter

>>>2. Tailpipe will be 4.5 inches off the ground

I can barely get my foot under mine, and it's a 4" behind the rear wheel. I barely scrape it, you'll be fine =)

>>>3. Diff. Case will be 3.5 inches from the ground

That shouldn't be a problem, since it will stay a consistent 3.5" from the ground. Your tires are what determines the distance it has from the ground. You should be fine there too =)

I dropped mine 3/5 and I have yet to find any clearance problems, and I have a loooonnnnngg bed. Besides, if you scrape, you'll scrape frame. =)

-mike d.

88 6er, 3.55, Slushbox w/a 3/5 drop, headers, Hi flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler,
14x3 K&N, JET stage II, Magnecors, Daytona seats, TekStyle tonneau, H4's

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html