Re: If you had to pick......

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 20:40:40 EDT

In a message dated 10/28/99 1:51:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com writes:

<< I would also caution belief that a cat-back system adds to preformance. I
 have yet to see any proof of a cat-back increasing HP or Torque. By
 definition, your biggest preformance restrictor in your exhaust system is at
 your Y-Pipe and your Catalytic converter. Since a cat-back doesn't affect
 either of these two systems, I doubt there will be much HP improvement found
 in such a system. By the time the exhaust hits the post Cat stage, it's
 already at it's nominal velocity, and the stock muffler doesn't change it
 much. These are mostly acoustic, cosmetic and "feel good" improvements and
 I'd really take butt-dyno measurements from them with a grain of salt. I can
 get testimonials from exhaust tech after exhaust tech if you don't believe
 me... ^_^ But I know all of the Cat-Back crowd will pounce on me... Ce'st La
 Vie. In their defense, I'm having a custom Cat-Back system researched for me
 right now. It won't really improve preformance, but it'll sure sound cool...

My Gibson picked up .3 in the 1/4 when my truck was stock.

Brad