Re: Dropkit for the Dak offered..your opinion?

From: Ryan Krokosinski (ryan@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 20:24:49 EDT

Having had several very low vehicles, here's my advice...
The bumpstops are your only real concern. 3.5 and 4.5 inches is plenty of
clearance.
My '91 Trans-Am had about 2.5 inches less clearance than you do. Hell, the
body only had about 1 inch of clearance. The key is, drive it like it's
lowered. Just be careful and pay attention and you shouldn't have any
problems. Aside from not being able to go over speed bumps and having to
avoid any even remotely steep driveways, I never had any problems. Choose
your routes carefully, one big pothole can ruin your whole day.
You may want to trim the bumpstops a little or even think about a rear
c-notch. I've heard that 4 inches or more in the rear of these trucks
warrants a notch.

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC