Re: Magnum 360 Short Block ?

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 17:07:04 EDT

 One of my friends did this very same thing. I used a block out of a ram. On
a 5sp, the flywheel does need to be changed. On a auto. the TQ conv. needs to
have a weight kit welded on to it. MP has this kit. It's cheap and the
directions are very explicit. I do know the earlier daks can even use the
stock comp., but the 360 MP comp works a lot better in terms of performance.
Both of us run 10.5 to 1 comp-no detonation problems with 92 octane. I use
30lbrs, he uses 24lbrs. The swap is really pretty straight forward. The 380
cam is big, aprox 238 dur @.50. That's the very cam I'm going to attempt to
try and run(gulp)
Tom