Magnum 360 Short Block ?

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 12:14:57 EDT

Several months ago we talked about the 360/300 & 360/380
Magnum crate motor and how difficult it is to adapt to
our Daks. I was wondering if the 360 short blocks would
be easier? Say take the one with the lower CR like 9.5:1
and stick my 318 heads on it (I think swede said 318/360
heads are the same). I know the cam has much higher lift.

I guess the real problem would be would it work with the
stock or MP computer. Probably would not be talkin' any
type of gas mileage here, but thats not what I'm after.

Oh yeah, I think the 360 has a different flywheel and is
externally balanced. Maybe do a slight mod to the stock
manifold (I know Frank) to help take advantage of the
higher breathing cam and install a crank position sensor,
I don't think the Mag short block has one?. For the price,
$1200-1500 for the short block, you can't beat it.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd