RE: VIN # Registry!!!!!! PLEASE READ

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 09:33:03 EDT

DAVE SAID
>I'm not trying to kill this idea, but I knew a guy that went to a used
  car lot wrote down the VIN of a car on the lot, and managed to get a
  bank loan using that car as collateral. The bank did not ask for proof
  of ownership just proof that their collateral was insured. In the
  province of Alberta if the car was previously owned in Alberta and less
  than 10 years old the insurance companies don't ask for proof of
  ownership or even ask to see the vehicle. They just see the bottom line
  $$$$, this is the reason I personally don't like the idea of my VIN
  being posted on the net. Please nobody take offense to what I'm saying
  here, I have found that the DML as a whole to be a very honest and
  helpful group but there are dishonest people on the net and ANYBODY has
  access to the DML home page (as they should). There are also reasons
  most members make sure the license plates of their vehicles are obscured
  on their home pages (can you say PEACE OF MIND!!!! sorry had to say it).

Thats my point Dave, anyone can get your VIN#, just walk up to your car.
We need some more info from the VIN, Vehical Line (only if different) Body
Series, RC vs CC, Engine V8.V6.I4.V10, those are bulit in the VIN#
Have you been to the DML home page and checked out the VIN# decoder?
it spits out all the info from the VIN# you put in??? Whats to keep
Jon from keep'n record of all the Vin#s put in all ready?????
I just put mine in.
Here is my Born On Date
 041209 Born in Warren MI. april 12, 9am 1999

1.I've all ready had the Fuel Pump replaced @9K
2.I'm getting 14.5 MPG on my stock V8 (318) SUCKS!!!!!!!
3.4x4, works great, CC, Towing pkg, HD service Grp. CD SLT+ group.
4.Ball joints making noise.

This is the second truck I ordered, the 1st one the guy
screwed up, no SLT+ group, no power windows,locks
I still have the VIN# for it, I get mail from DODGE
with that VIN# on it ( I get two copies of the Dodge MAG, one for
each VIN# in my Name!)
Dave I'm not trying to talk you out of your VIN# or credit card#
I'm saying if someone really wants you VIN#, they will get it.
I am saying we give our VIN#'s and warrenty work to JON,(sorry Jon)
he uses the VIN# decoder to dump them in sequencial order,
using the last 6 digits (306400, mine) then he destroys
the other 11 digits. we nee to know if their is more than one line
running Dakotas, more than one plant?, one line for each engine?
Then destroy the other data.

I am willing to show my support, for my idea (ha)
I think we need this. We can force a recall on stuff
we can prove to be sequntialy defective, we are only helping
each other. I will post my VIN# and risk all if that will
show you my seriousness????
My full name is Steven James Oatley
there is another Steven Oatley in CA. I have allready found
this out throught a credit check, I got his info by mistake.
I am willing to help anyway with this project I can. If I gotta
talk each and everyone of ya into it!!!!!!!

stevie.o@excite.com ( go to excite do a search on me )
99 SLT+ CC 4x4 318, 3:92 Em Grn (my truck)
Steven Oatley (my real name, not some hide behind e-mail)
5607 Farmington Rd.
West Bloomfield, MI.
48322

I get tons of junk mail anyway