Tranny advise--ATTN-Bobby

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 01:11:28 EDT

Had the same problem happen to a buddy of mine who has a Samarai.
Throw-out bearing was worn out to the point to where it warped the input
shaft in the tranny, he ended up sinking $850 for a tranny into that
POS!!! (I HATE that thing, try going on a 250 mile trip in it, noisy,
SLOW, un-comfortable, cramped, rides like a stiff board, seat all the
way back and my knees were still in the dash, and I'm only 5'10"!!) What
exactly did your mechanic say it affected?? Anyway, start calling up the
salvage yards and find out how much, and see if you can get a warranty.
Good yards offer warranties. Any more ?'s, let me know. Good luck!!
P-S, I tried to send this to you privately, but it was returned, "user
mailbox exceeds allowed size" Another type of comPOOter mumble-jumble I
don't understand!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 239 V-6, 200hp
'66 Olds Toronado Deluxe, 425 V-8, 400hp