RE: CA legality!!!!!!

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 00:44:16 EDT

As you probably have read, window tint on driver's and passenger side window
is illegal. Anything on rears is fine, and on 4 door, club cabs, the side
windows are fine too.

But, if you really want tinted windows on driver's side and passenger side
fronts...go with the lightest tint available. You won't ever get stopped
for it. I have this on my RT, and during the day it makes for a little
cooler interior, with minimal light reduction. At night, you cannot see
into the truck driving down the road. I have a friend with limo tent all
the way around, and he's had 2 tickets. Both are fix it tickets, but a real
pain to get the windows striped, and re tinted. Plus, at night, you can't
see in or OUT... I had to roll the windows down while backing his mustang
because I couldn't see out the side mirrors.

My wife's Sport CC 4x4 will have limo rear, and sides.. and the 20%
(lightest) on the driver's and passenger side. Same for my '00 RT when I
get it.

Sam '99 RT