RE: 4.7L R/T idea

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@EARTHTECH.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 13:21:22 EDT

Ok, lets see, Traction bars, spring clamps, remove clutch fan, already has
an electric fan, air intake system(like Qiuckd) throttle body port/polish,
Kenne Belle Super charger, Headers, 3" exhaust, already have the posi rear
and 9 1/4 rear, already has roller cams!!! Rockers?? what the hell are they?
Bypass belt for the AC, underdrive pulleys, sparkplug upgrades, if you
really want to get nuts, NOS, and man its real easy to port and polish
aluminum heads!!

So lets see mid 14's for ya right now with bolt ons, pretty good I must say!
If I take my stock 4.7L (15.1) do the usual "bolt ons" Traction Bars, spring
clamps, air intake system/ K&N, 3" exhaust. I'm well into the mid 14's and
when the pulleys and headers come out, well, low 14's. So, where are you
getting this shit about you can't do anything to a ohc??? without mucho
bucks, these few mods I mentioned are the same price as the 318.

Matt