Re: If you had to pick.....

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 13:31:00 EDT

   Nope, and I have several reasons. Just judging by the numbers the other
members of the list have posted, my 5.2 is a dog of an engine. It's taken all
my mods just to get it to what others report their 5.2's were stock. So I can
only guess my motor sucked from the factory. Second, the truck has 30" tires
on it, not real racing tires there... However, if you want to go for top speed
on an oval track, I think I can take ya, unless you have a 3.55 rear end which
means it's equal to mine (when tires are considered), then you'd probably beat
me again since my motor is such a loser...
   I built my truck for towing and for light off-roading (it's only the 2WD
with an LSD) so I don't think it has a future as a quarter miler. And if I
was building a racer, I'd start with nitrous AND twin Garret VG turbo's with
the cams and injectors to match the increased fuel needs. I'd get a custom
intake manifold made and a Quick D TB. I'd also buy the dually conversion kit
and put a single set of REALLY WIIIIIDDDDE tires on the back. It'd also have
a nice set of headers and a fully custom exhaust (needed for the turbos),
probably with an RT's catalytic converter and a just behind the cab exhaust
dump. I'd wanna see flame coming out of it at full power!
   That would be a quarter miler... Of course, it'd also cost twice what the
truck did from the dealership... ugh! ^_^

Shaun H.