RE: Re: Ping and Rattle problems

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 22:54:08 EDT

I'm with ya Joe. I've seen what can happen to an engine (up close) when the
driver doesn't know that "pinging" (or knock) is happening. It blew a hole
right through the top of the piston and ALL of the load bearing surfaces
were out of spec. The cause? Preignition (aka: Detonation, Pinging,
Knocking).

Hey...all the rest of you with Blowers and Nitrous...that pinging noise is
ok. Don't worry...nothing BAD will happen. ;)

- Bernd