Police car specs

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 00:04:51 EDT

Coming from a law enforcement famiy, the Caprice will do 140 (verified)
and the Crown Vic will do 120 (verified) I believe the Caprice has 3:73
gears, while the Vic has 3:9 or lower to make up for the OHC moter
off-line torque loss. Keep in mind that there are different versions of
the Caprice. The one I'm talking about is the LT-1 version, which is
what the CHP uses here. My dad (retired CHP Officer) says that the best
cop car was the '69 Dodge Polara with a 440. Would do 160 he said. The
Caprice is #2. Hates the Fords. Anything else??

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 239 V-6, 200hp
'66 Olds Toronado Deluxe, 425 V-8, 400hp