Re: Police car specs

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 17:10:29 EDT

It depends on the year model Caprice you are talking about. The 94-96
model years ONLY had 3.08 and 3.23 available FROM THE FACTORY. They
could have a gear change in the PD shop, but that would require a
computer reprogram, and most PD shops would not do that for
reliability/warranty (yes, they are concerned with warranties) reasons.

In earlier 90's Caprices, it was possible to get them with a 3.42 ratio.
You had to go back several years to get 3.73's from the factory.

And yes, a 94-96 Caprice with no light bar, the LT1and 3.08 gears will do
142 (computer speed limited). With a light bar, it is a little less.

Dakota content? Our 98 R/T is nestled in the garage right next to our 95
Impala SS.

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T
95 DGGM Impala SS