Re: Re: New dodge

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 17:28:44 EDT

SS454454@aol.com wrote:

> Hi List
> My name is Rob Dennis.

Welcome to the Dskota Mailing list.

> I am a first time purchaser of a Dodge ( Mopar)
> product. I just purchased a Dodge Dakota 4x4 SLT.

Congratulations! I hope you will be pleased with your truck.

> Before i was a chevy and GMC guy.

I had a Syclone before I went back to Dodge myself!

> I hope you are all a little more poen minded than the chevy list i just left.
> As soon as i told
> them i got a dodge they went screwy.

Some people are just like that.

> Yeah i know i was a chevy mechanic.

Therefore you should know what shortcommings they had like taking forever to quit
using throttle body injection which is not that effecient.

> I like the dodge and that 4.7 v8 kicks butt. Well thank you for letting
> me introduce myself
> ROb

I have driven pickups for years. 69 Ford 390, 74 Chev LUV (Isuzu), 80 F100
4.9ltr, 89 Dodge Shelby Dakota 318, 91 GMC Syclone 4.3 turbo (worst truck I
ever owned. Blew 3 engines and lots of other problems in only 59k Miles), 1998
Dokata Sport 318 (wrecked) and now 1999 Dakota R/T reg cab 360. I will admit
thest trucks are not as fast (in stock form) as the current v8 cobras, trans-ams
and cameros but with a little massaging they can be serious competetion. I
believe they are the best built trucks I have found. They may weigh a little
more than their counterparts in the other makes because of thicker sheetmetal
etc. but that makes for a stronger veichle. You will see some complain about
this and that about their trucks but that happens in any forum that you find. I
am quite pleased with my R/T and I expect it to last a long time.

Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC FR

(explanation)
My name-my city