Re: Re: its official. I own an R/T.

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 22:55:27 EDT

>Hi Dave. Where did you end up finding one in RI?

Mike,
   I ended up buying it from the dealer that you suggested. It was strange.
  I called right after I got your original message and the guy said they had
two black ones. I told him I'd give him a call back about leaving a deposit
over the phone. He said sure. I called him the next day and he said
"Sorry, they were both sold." So I kept on looking. Posted to this list
again and someone else (Jay) turned up the same dealership. So I ended up
buying the same truck. Kinda odd. I asked about the salesman I had spoke
to and told the story and they told me he was fired. Overall, leaky hose
aside. I'm extremely happy with the treatment I got from the dealership.
Elmwood Dodge in RI. My salesman was Gary Gregory and I'd recommend him to
interested in a dodge.

--
Dave

FWIW, there was a kid with his parents at the next table over who was selling his red R/T back in hopes to move up to a diesel ram. The deal they offered him was "You buy the Ram for full sticker and we'll give you full sticker back on the R/T." He walked out. I don't think you can buy these buybacks tho? I attempted to by a yellow one but the manager said it had to be shipped back to Chrysler. So is there going to be a sale of these buybacks somewhere? I've heard of a similar something happening with "Saudi Syclones."