Re: RE: Re: Death of the Pushrod

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 00:28:22 EDT

If you want to play these games, set aside actual cubic inch displacement...
How about actual block size?

Its common knowledge that OHC blocks take up far more room in an engine bay
than does any pushrod. If you have a DOHC V6 or V8, I hope you have plenty
of room between those strut towers.

Its not exactly coincidence that when a car company replaces a pushrod engine
with a econobox cammer, they have to decrease the actual internal
displacement considerably.

Ford had to with their 5.0 to 4.6L... and.. again with the 351 to the 5.4L
And we all know Dodge did it with their 5.2L to 4.7L.

I hate to say it, but GM is the only automaker out there with the guts to do
what is right, stick with the pushrods. Hell, they just designed an all new
aluminum LS1 block a couple years ago.