Re: RE: Re: Death of the Pushrod

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 11:35:17 EST

> Buick chevy hell its all one big lump of cars. Personally i cant tell the
> difference between them now. Most cars today it seems like they are cut out
> of the same mold and they just have different drivers.

That is right. Time was that different makes were different all together. Now
they just change a nameplate or a piece of trim and call it something different
but under the hood they are the same.

> I got my dakota
> because it is different from the fords and chevys out there
> Rob

That's right! Dakota IS different. I have put stereos in cars for over 25
years and have cut holes in doors for speakers in many. When I enlarged the
door speaker holes in my 99 Dak to put in 8" midwoofers I thought I would never
cut through the STEEL in the doors. I never found metal that thick in ANY make
of car or truck. If you think strength is important in a truck (I DO!) Then
you will want a Dodge. There is even a DML member that survived a 120 mph head
on crash in his dak with only minor injuries while the occupants of the other
full sized sedan were DOA! Now what do you want to drive? As for me give me
some heavy steel every time
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC FR