Re: V6ers only - Duel Exhaust -- a no-no!!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 15:49:23 EST

   By adding dual exhaust not only will you not see any performance
enhancements, you may actually see a reduction in performance!! By adding
duals to a V6, you will reduce your torque in the low RPM's, and the truck
will not respond well from idle up to maybe about 1500 RPM's. And if you do
see any horsepower increases on the top end it will be miniscule. I added a
Gibson catback 3" to my truck. I left everything from the cat forward stock
to keep the backpressure up, but freed up everything behind it for better
flow. What I found is a good top end and to my surprise I actually got an
increase in the low end as well. At least it felt like I did. Stick with one
pipe!! Read anything on the net about exhaust...I have yet to see any
endorsements for dual exhaust from a reputable company unless the engine is
force-induction.

Just an opinion!!

Austin
-Vipertruck