Re: RE: ..And More Ping Questions.

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 15:55:46 EST

>The dealership has rerouted ignition wires,replaced cruise clip and
>retainer
>ignition cable, performed combustion chamber cleaning I don't know how many
>times on a vehicle with less then 15,000 miles on it, replaced my intake
>gasket, then replaced my intake manifold and gasket(my intake manifold had
>crack in it), replaced computer, replaced a crankshaft sensor? and somthing
>with the fuel pump, replaced my torque converter and so far lastly they
>have
>replaced my Cat.
>
>I've tried different octanes of gas, pings worse on lower octane.

Erika,
     Has this been like this since new or maybe since you had other work
done on it? The first thing that you need to look at is your exhaust. I'd
recommend getting it smogged, asking for a printout and asking for the
values required. This might be able to tell you where the problem lies.
Everything that they've replaced sound like reasonalbe pieces to replace for
your problem 'cept the torque converter. I'm stumped there. The only other
thing that I could suggest (besides the exhuast test) is ask them to check
out the timing chain. Could be a tooth ahead or something? Maybe someone
else might know more about this. Hope I'm helping.... I dont want you to
buy a Toyota :-)

--
Dave