Short Belt on stock pulleys again

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 09:07:33 EST

Thanks to the DMLer who gave me the info. that a 51" belt
would bypass the a/c on the stock '97+ v8 pulleys. I found
a 7-rib and the fit is great.

I went over some posts from February about bypassing
the a/c and the ps pulleys. They mention a 53.8" long (?)
belt and how it had to be routed the opposite way around
the free pulley just above the water pump pulley. This is
so that the belt will turn the water pump pulley in the
right direction.

I can't visualize why the belt would be longer than a belt
that just bypasses the a/c pulley.

Has someone done this and is the 53.8" correct? Thanks in
advance.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph