Re: Somebody hit my dak and ran!

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 14:08:58 EST

Ryan, don't wanna seem insensitive...but park in the south
40 whenever possible. Pick up that beautiful Lady carry her
where ever she wants to go. Works for me. BTW, Congrats!! :)

GS -

  rugbynut@ameritech.net wrote:
> I went outside yesterday afternoon to drive my fiance to the mall and
> I noticed that my normally dusty dak had a clean patch on it
> extending from the left rear taillight to the wheel well. I got out
> a rag and cleaned it up a bit and noticed that some F^$&king
> S%#&THEAD scraped my dak all the way from the tail light to the back
> wheel well.
<snip>
> Of course this happens when I have absolutely no money (just
> bought an engagement ring on Wednesday, she said yes btw), so this
> will probably have to wait at least a month or so
<snip>

> Any ideas on how
> to fix this myself? I want to get fender flares next Spring, so that
> should cover up the dent by the wheel well, but how about the
> scratches?

Sounds like sanding, primer, painting and wetsanding to me. finish
up with a good buffer. On smaller scratches that don't go to the
metal, a dremel or wizard with a small buffing wheel used with wax
will bring back the gloss after any sanding or painting. I don't know
how many times this has worked for me.