Re: Valve Train Parts

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 15:46:32 EST

At 10:55 AM 11/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Good memory you have there, Bob. That was the weekend of the Hemi Dak. Did
>you happen to notice the custom fender cover that he was using? It was a 1
>piece that covered both fenders and the front rad area. Ive never seen
>anything like it anywhere...pretty cool.

Actually, my memory is going with my age but I do try to remember a future
competitor. No, I didn't notice. I was too busy trying to visualize his hemi
in my Dak.

>Bob, when you did your cam change, did you put in a roller timing chain set
>at the same time or reuse the stock setup? Also, can you recommend a good MP
>dealer in your area? I am going to have some Mopar Bucks coming as I decided
>to keep the R/T with option 2. My best price here in the North Bay area
for the
>MP rocker kit is 375.00 and for the MPI manifold, 294.00. Prices any
better around
>Toronto? I guess I will need every advantage possible to take on the mighty
>red Dak from T.O next year. Thanks...Pete

If that $375 is CDN for the MP rocker set (P5249800), grab it quick.
You won't get anything close to that in the TO area. I've been trying to
find my invoice but found a piece of paper that I had written on instead.
It said that my cost was $525 CDN (sans taxes) with a list price of $603.75
CDN. Maybe I should ask you who you use in the North Bay area!

I saw Jon S.'s post. I agree that if you buy from the States, you won't
get much better price and service than from Koller's. If that manifold
price is CDN, you'd be better getting it in North Bay. Around $200US is
almost $300 CDN right now and you would still have GST/PST added on at the
border plus about $50-70 CDN that UPS would charge for brokerage fee along
with another GST on top of this fee.

Sure you won't change your mind on your R/T option and buy something slower
for Mopar Day at St. Thomas next year? Good luck and, God willing, see you
next June.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 14.934 Trap speed: 90.78 mph