5 Star Dealers

From: jelledge (jelledge@micron.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 17:03:04 EST

How do you like this from one of Dodge's 5 Star dealer:

I take my '99 Dak 4x4 SLT in to have the serpentine belt
replaced after only 5,000 miles (factory defect).
The dealer replaced the belt and all no charge, as they
should have. However then the service manager proceeds
to lecture me about how all the mods on my truck are going
to void my warranty (i.e. headers, K&N filter, catback, etc).

I said yeah right, that only applies if you can prove the
modification caused the failure. Nonetheless they insisted I
will have all kinds of warranty problems because of these
mods. If something I did caused the problem I will eat it, but I just know
when the tranny blows or it starts pinging they will try and say my headers
and other mods stressed it too much causing the failure.Guess I'll be going
to a different 5 star dealer next time.

Dodge really needs to work on their customer service, they suck.
Recent motor trend and car & driver reviews also said that
Dodge has the lowest dealer service satisfaction. Maybe
they can take a cue from Saturn which has the highest.

sorry for venting, just bugs the hell out of me...