Re: 5 Star Dealers

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 00:50:05 EST

After a recent bad experience with not one, but two different 5 star
dealers on a tranny replacement for my 96 Caravan, I've come to the
conclusion that the only difference the 5 star program has made is that
they smile more as they are jerking you around :-/

After the headaches, I went looking at the 5 star web site and saw
mention of a follow up phone call, etc. none of which happened. I was
looking forward to the followup as an opportunity to ask them what kind
of scam marketing program the 5 star deal is all about. No such luck.

If anyone at DC happens to read this board, perhaps you folks oughta get
your act together.

My 98 DAK is looking like a front ball joint replacement candidate
shortly. It's going to be hard to go in without an attitude up front and
I'm fully expecting to get jerked around due to the fact I've installed
a Hotchkis lowering kit. I pitty the service guy who starts down that
road. I figure 10 minutes max between the time he tells me "No" to the
time I've gone through the food chain at the dealer and up to the DC
hotline, at which point I will ask them for the phone number of the
NHTSA so that I can gain a better understanding of why so many people on
this mailing list have experienced premature ball joint wear with the
'97+ trucks. Perhaps it takes a catastrophic failure where somebody is
injured, or heaven forbid, killed before these dinks acknowledge a poor
design. Pretty sad.

And the capper is I get to take the Van back for a recall notice because
the fans have a failure issue which causes the motor to overheat and
then they don't meet the CA emmissions requirements! Oh fun.

Bob