last post in the 4.7L war !

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@EARTHTECH.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 20:46:37 EST

Ok, everyone. This is a message I sent to Nate earlier and I figured I
better go ahead and forward it to the DML. Lets just end this so called
"war" now, I admit it got way outta hand, didn't mean for it to go this far!
I wasn't ever trying to say my truck was better than anything/anybody , or
whatever. I don't hate RT's, in fact I have stated more than once I think
they are the best looking factory Truck produced! they are!, My whole
initial point was to Mainly rebut what was said by many, Nate backs me on
this, last summer about the 4.7L engine. I remember numerous slammings of
the 4.7L. Just wanted to back up the performance of the 4.7L with my time
slips as compared to the RT.
But obviously some people took this as me glorifying my truck??? That was
not the case, I mean lets get real here, It ain't what I'd call optioned out
or rare or whatever. Its just another Dakota, happens to have the new ohc
engine, and a 5 spd. Yes, its quick. Thats it people, nothing else. Anyway,
let get on with the DML, no more 4.7L shit from me, No more 5spd/auto wars
like in the past, etc, etc..
Matt