Somebody hit my dak and ran!, parking study

From: Pedro J. Diaz (pjdmd@mho.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 23:29:51 EST

2 suggestions.
Since you don't have the cash to fix the dent, don't let it bother you.
Besides, trucks are expected to get a few dings on them. But anyway,
my point is you have a choice: become enraged at the gutless dishonest
stranger and get frustrated at your desire to fix the dent, or, you can
say WTF, the world is full of microphalus morons, and fix the truck when
you get a chance.

As far as GS's suggestion to park far away: A study was done to find
the most time efficient way to park at a full lot. Turns out it takes
exactly the SAME amount of time to circle around and look for, then park
in the closest spot as it does to park in the first far away spot you
see and walk in. So when the wife gets upset about having to walk so
much every time, you can quote the facts.
Not to mention the DING factor and the fact everyone that drives in to
the lot can admire your Dak out by itself.

Pedro J Diaz, M.D.