RE: DC Misdiagnosis...

From: Alan A (alan721@gate.net)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 14:08:07 EST

Very interesting observation, Shaun.

I just want to add my own. First, I won't buy ANY car that is front wheel
drive, period! You just can't put REAL horsepower to them without major
handling problems. That's one reason I bought a sport truck.

Overhead cam, or pushrod, they will both make nearly the same HP and torque
assuming they are the same displacement and other similar characteristics.
That's why the 5.9 pushes lots more torque than the 4.7 -- its bigger. All
things being equal, though, the cammer will out perform the pushrod due to its
higher revving capability. (less valvetrain to push around)

There is very little in common between a NASCAR car and a production car. It
has the same basic shape, but little else. Don't expect a production car to be
anything like its track counterpart. Now, if DC would build some affordable
performance cars for the common man...

Alan A
  99 CC DA SC
    Just throwing in my 5.9 cents.