Re: DC Misdiagnosis...

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 14:37:19 EST

Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com wrote:
> I think the return to the Dodge performance car
> will be the Intrepid R/T, Chrysler already fired it's first return shot with
> the 300M. I can't wait to see the Intrepids on NASCAR tracks.

The NASCAR Intrepid will be a sight for sore eyes. But for the
future I would like to see something along the lines of the Charger
or Charger R/T. Mainly for GS's selfish reasons. ;)

> So here on the list we have folks adding every little gizmo they can to
> make their trucks in to Dragsters or Lowriders or Race cars. I think that if
> this is the future of Trucks, then maybe DC should go fully OHC (Their plan is
> to anyway)

Yes to the OHC, but at least allow us the right to access our
own vehicles computer to make the changes we deem necessary, whether
its adding more torque for hauling, more control over AF ratios for
mpg or performance. This would really add some versatility to that
work truck.

> but I'll tell ya what, I really hate to see the end of the ol' 318.
> I bought mine to work (an old fashioned concept, I realize that) but I don't
> think I'd replace this Dakota with another one if it's going to be OHC.

Feeling sentimental Shaun? Seems I recall you had a few names for the
318 and it wasn't (ol')...hehe. ;) I've spanked many chebbie 350s with
my ol' 318, so I know it at least has more power or my setup is at least
more efficient than chebbies.

> I'm just curious how many Dakota owners actually use their Daks as trucks:
> for doing 'truck' work (towing, hauling, pulling out tree stumps, etc.) or is
> this list mainly attracting Dakota owners who are looking to race?

My truck is what I consider a cruiser. It gets me work and back 80
miles round trip per day and thats all it has to do right now. Maybe
hall a camper or boat in the future.

GS -