Re: RE: IAT Sensor Mod

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 14:40:23 EST

This is correct, the resistor just didn't give me the performance the
relocated IAT does. (track verified last weekend).. But just don't let the
sensor sit right near the manifold as it'll read almost identical to what it
does in the stock location. If you want proof, put an ohmmeter on a IAT
sensor, stick the sensor end in the A/C vent and run the A/C then switch to
heat real quick.. You'll find that the sensor is VERY sensitve, and will
change it's resistence extremely quickly. Gotta get that sucka away from
heat sources in the engine compartment
Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
'95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.4@88.95
207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ