VIN# Registry???

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 15:02:00 EST

>About this belt, how did you know it was defective? Did it shred/crack or
was
  there some other kind of indication --I think mines giving me trouble as
well.
  TIA!
  Tom
  <<snip>>
>I take my '99 Dak 4x4 SLT in to have the serpentine belt
  replaced after only 5,000 miles (factory defect).
  The dealer replaced the belt and all no charge, as they
  should have. However then the service manager proceeds
  to lecture me about how all the mods on my truck are going
  to void my warranty (i.e. headers, K&N filter, catback, etc).

  <<snip>>

we would know about this if there was a vin# registry,
my 99 4x4 SLT has a wining S belt>
stevie.o@excite.com
99 SLT+ 4x4 CC