Re: Fog light info help...

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 21:05:25 EST

Well, I am not a expert in the field, but i do know a thing or two. in the
really expensive Lincoln cars, you see the really bright white light. That's
a HID system. it costs about 2,000 to convert to one of those systems
primarly because of the reflectors inside the bulb housing, and the heavier
wire that needs to be ran to support the current draw. the driving "9000"
series bulbs that say hyperwhite or superwhite are just imitation bulbs to
make it look like HID systems, but PIAA just came out with some PLASMA series
which are said to look and do what the HID systems do. As for legitimacy of
that statement, I was told by a automotivaly inclined buddy.

Anyways. now i will address the fog lights. it is not hard to cut a hole
with the utility knife. I did it in about 5 minutes (get a REALLY hard
blade, not those flimsy break away ones) i mean, on the dakotas (97+) there
are already round holes that are there where the fog lights should go. the
fog lights fit perfectly in there without any extra cutting. (i'd say the
hardest thing to do is drill into the frame. there was a lil slit on both
sides so i guessed that I was to drill there and i was right, it worked and
kinda projects the light in a V pattern ( i'm guessing i could have drilled a
lil more towards the outside) but hey, it looks cooler this way i think..

Now. the fog lights on vehiclelighting are the closest fog lights i've seen
that have come close to HID systems (buddies and relatives have the PIAA
1100X plat (250 retail)) and i like the way the superwhite fog lights offered
on vehiclelighting looks. It is much brighter and it really lights up the
road. it makes more of a side projecting and strong middle projection on
mine, and the regular beams shine further out making it looks completely
lighted up in front of me..
-Dester

<< This is for the round fog lights which i am assuming is what you are
talking about
 (not the round driving lights). Also how hard is it to cut the wholes out
for the
 lights? It seems like it would take a long time and a lot of hard work to
cut it
 out with a utility knife. How big is the hole once you cut them out? Are
the
 wholes actually four inches or are they smaller or bigger? Thanx for
answering my
 questions.
 --Travis