Re: Info on the Hemi

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 22:04:50 EST

In a message dated 11/02/1999 7:11:12 PM Central Standard Time,
jmiller@texnet.net writes:

<<

 I can't remember exactly where but on some chrysler website I read the
history of
 the hemi engine. I believe it was first used on Chrysler models in the late
40s
 and on many DeSoto cars into the mid 50s and was called a Firedome8. It was
 available on a few Dodge performance models in the mid 50s called a Red Ram
V8.
 These early hemis were not 426 cu in but some were as small as about 270 or
280
 Cubes and had either a 2 barrel or a 4 barrel carb. I f I find that website
 again I will post it here. Many would find it interesting reading.
 Jim in Waco >>

Here it is: http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/Hemicntr.html
All the info anyone can use on the early Hemi's

MrDakota95